03 November 2003

Holiday Stress Part I

Controlled chaos, that is what life seems like these days. My doctor asked if I saw light at the end of the tunnel. I guess if I am really honest I do. The holidays that are fast approaching worry me. They are always an overwhelming time. I told my wife that I wanted a VERY understated holiday display. She seemed less then impressed. I am going to open a discussion forum in the community to discuss holiday displays. My idea is to have a simple Creche and Nativity, leaving our other decorations in the basement where they are stored. My thoughts are to make a statement against the hustle and bustle that is the Holiday Season. It would also save us from major stress which we don't need in our lives right now. It would also be a statement to our children of the true meaning behind the holiday. I know my views are radical and extreme.

As a backdrop your talking about an avid Santa Claus fan. I collect them. I own well over 200, probably up to 300 now. It started as a whim and now has grown into an obsession (grin). Maybe in the fun and excitement of the collecting I have lost my focus a little too. Trying to sort out the real from the perceived.

No comments: