04 March 2004

The Brat Pack

The Brat Pack. Not quite sure what I am getting myself into but I have joined a group on the internet known as Brat Pack. They seem like a friendly enough group and are into graphics. I consider myself a beginner when it comes to my graphic skills so I joined to improve my skills. Little did I know I would be there first and so far only male member. Should be an interesting endeavor to say the least.

On a different note, I have started reading Rick Warren's book "A purpose Diven Life". It is a 40 day adventure type book, with 40 small chapters to be read over consecutive days. Todays chapter was basically about the truth "It's not about you." That is a hard concept to really sink in. I know its not about me, but when your dealing with bipolar it is easy to make it all about you or to make it completely not about you. Personally aI do not think that either extreme is really that healthy. While the search for human purpose is indeed not about me, it is about God and his purpose for our lives, we are in the picture.

We cannot disassociate ourselves from our search for purpose. We must seek to find what God's purpose is for us, not what we want his purpose to be.

No comments: